Thursday 16 June 2011

Home again, home again , jiggity jig.

You tantrumed your way to sleep tonight.  For some reason, ever since we got back from vacation, you've had trouble sleeping in your crib.  However, tonight I put my foot down and reclaimed my bed for my own.  A necessary evil of being a mommy, I suppose.  Tomorrow you will have forgotten all about it, and will be smiley and giggly in the morning. 

So you've finally met all of your Aunts, Uncles, and cousins.  Dear God, did you have a great time.  And really, so did I.  It was so hard to leave, not only all of my family, but that beautiful open sky and clean air.  At first it was odd, being back "home".  Nothing was as I remembered it.  The area had grown and developed.  And while it certainly was no north jersey, it held it's own.  But the longer I stayed, the more familiar and comfortable my surroundings became.  I guess a part of me will always miss it.  But I returned to Northern New Jersey in a funk... sad to be back to a loud, crowded, polluted state and a disheveled house.  I've mostly kicked it, but it lingers a bit.  Especially when you want to go on a walk.

Maybe someday we can get out of this god-foresaken state and this god-foresaken house.

No comments:

Post a Comment