Tuesday 28 May 2013

Thank God for Rainy Days

I don't write in here often enough.

It's probably the sentence that will appear most often in this little journal, but that doesn't make it any less true.  You'd think that with not having a full-time job right now, I'd have lots more time on my hands.  Yet somehow, I almost feel like I have less.  Perhaps I've become lazy with my time management.  Perhaps it's something else.

But today I have nothing huge or monumental to write about.  No giant life changes or traumatic experiences.    No great and sagely wisdom from a mother, who is undoubtedly young and stupid to the woman I will be 30 years from now.

Today is just a rainy day.

We made a card from construction paper for Great-Grandma Betty.

Then we played Candy Land.

After that, we baked your favorite chocolate-filled banana muffins.  Except I didn't have any Nutella, so we had to use chocolate chips - but that was fine.  Chocolate chips are easier to snack on while you're mixing.

Then you helped me with the laundry.

And we read some books.

Now you are taking a nap.

When you wake, there will be popcorn and a movie.

Today is what I used to dream about having while sitting at my little desk.

Today is a dream come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment